28% of customers told the UK's top holiday add-ons company that they have little or no idea of their hand luggage allowance before flying.
Added to this, over 1 in 10 of us are out of touch when it comes to what is and isn’t allowed in their carry-on bag, with 12% revealing they aren’t even sure of the current restrictions!
Anthony Clarke Cowell, head of product innovation and merchandising at HolidayExtras.com, said: "Nobody wants to be the one holding up the queue with their belongings spread across check-in so it’s well worth checking with your airline before you pack.
"And with many airlines charging for checking in hold baggage now, taking a well-packed carry-on bag is becoming more and more important."
To ensure you make the most of your hand luggage before jetting off on your summer holiday, HolidayExtras.com has put together these top tips:
- Check allowances on your airline's website in good time - including number of carry-on bags allowed, size of bags and weight limit
- Buy a soft, lightweight bag within the correct dimensions
- Only take what you really need - you can buy some items at your destination
- Buy travel-sized items where available
- Pack liquids in hold baggage whenever possible; containers in hand luggage must hold no more than 100ml and must be carried in a single, transparent, re-sealable plastic bag, which holds no more than one litre and measures approximately 20cm x 20cm
- Download electronic versions of guidebooks and novels onto one device if possible
- Roll clothing rather than folding
Holiday Extras is one of the to UK providers of one for pre-booked airport hotels and airport parking, taking bookings for over 6.8 million travellers each year. Holiday Extras' customer service has been recognised in the National Business Awards shortlist for Customer Focus and the Online Retail Awards.
In January 2011, the company was listed in Which? magazine's top five One Click Wonders, easy-to-use travel websites. A record-breaking 99.88% of customers are satisfied with Holiday Extras' products and service.
The company offers a wide choice of holiday add-ons including airport lounges, airports by rail, London theatre breaks, UK theme park breaks, and holiday insurance. For more information and to book please visit www.holidayextras.com