SUITABLE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY (6 - 12 years)
ANDORRA: Active Pyrenees (8 days from £829pp)
- A great value action-packed, centre-based summer activity week set in Soldeu. Whilst suitable for kids aged six year upwards, the mix of cycling, walking and white-water rafting amidst the Pyrenean mountains makes it ideal for 10 - 12 year olds. Engolasters and Siscarro Lakes provide a great backdrop to the activity-filled week (tailored to suit abilities), while a 4WD adventure following an old smuggler's route off-road, stopping off to visit farming hamlets and take in the breathtaking views, gives legs - young and old - a welcome rest.
- Price from £829pp includes flights, 7 nights B&B accommodation, transport (minibus, mountain bike, raft and 4WD) and most meals (1 lunch & 6 dinners) and an experienced local group leader.
- Departures 31 July (teenage departure), 7, 14 (single parent departure) & 21 August
ITALY: Land of Volcanoes (8 days from £849pp) NEW
- Offering a great mix of culture and activity on Italy's most iconic island, this week-long adventure offers families the opportunity to keep active whilst taking in the local culture. Though one of several active volcanoes in Sicily, Mount Etna is the most famous and largest in Europe which provides extra kudos as you climb to the summit. Other natural highlights include the wild scenery of Alcantara Gorge and the awe-inspiring canyon of Cassibile while culture vultures will enjoy the rich Greek history of Siracusa, the necropolis of Pantalica, which contains over 5000 caves and temples and the chance to learn one of the world's oldest artistic techniques while taking a pottery lesson. Minimum age seven years.
- Price from £849pp includes flights, transport, half board accommodation and an experienced group leader.
- Departures 21 & 28 (single parent departure) August
TURKEY: Turquoise Coast (8 days from £969 adult / £949 child)
- With so many activities crammed into one trip, this trip is ideal for families aged eight and above. Adventures include a treasure hunt in the rural mountain retreat of Karaagac; a glass-bottomed boat trip to discover the sunken city of Kekova; a 4WD trip to the countryside and villages surrounding Kas; an overnight gulet trip and the opportunity to explore Dalyan and visit old Lycian tombs.
- Price from £969 adult / £949 child includes flights, transport (minibus, gulet, 4WD & boat), 7 nights B&B accommodation (2 nights farmhouse, 3 nights hotel & 2 nights gulet), some meals (4 lunches & 2 dinners) and an experienced local group leader
- Departures 20 August
DESIGNED FOR TEENS (12 years upwards)
EGYPT: Active in the Sinai (8 days from £899pp)
- With desert, mountains, canyons and the Red Sea all to be found in the Sinai and the laid-back resort of Dahab the perfect base to enjoy them from, families really can be as adventurous or relaxed as they want on this teenage adventure. For the more actively inclined there are plenty of options to enjoy both on land (sand-boarding, camel-riding and climbing up Mount Sinai for an unforgettable sunrise) and in the sea (wind-surfing, snorkelling, kayaking and diving) before making the most of the beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters and camping out under the stars in a Bedouin tent in the heart of the desert. Minimum age 12 years.
- Price from £899pp includes flights, transport (minibus, camel, boat, 4WD, kayak), 7 nights B&B accommodation (incl. 1 night camping), some meals (3 lunches & 2 dinners) and an experienced local group leader.
- Departures 31 July & 7 August
FRANCE: Alpine Activity Week Teen Adventure (8 days from £789pp) NEW
- Covered with snow during the winter, the alpine resort of Alpe d'Huez is a great place for an action-packed summer activity week. Families with active teenagers can choose to enjoy leisurely mountain walks and take in the jagged peaks for spectacular views. Or alternatively try a few more exhilarating mountain pursuits in the form of white-water rafting down river valleys and mountain biking along the hundreds of kilometres of cycling routes in the area. Other activities such as horse-riding and summer luging can be arranged locally. Minimum age 12 years.
- Price from £789pp includes flights, transport, 7 nights B&B accommodation, most meals (1 lunch & 7 dinners) and an experienced local group leader.
- Departures 31 July & 7 August
TURKEY: Active Cappadocia Teen Adventure (8 days from £999pp)
- This week-long trip offers active teenagers an opportunity to discover this extraordinary area of Turkey on horseback, mountain bike and foot, with time to relax in beautiful rivers and waterfalls along the way. Highlights include the chance to get up close to the famous fairy chimneys, explore the underground city of Derinkuyu and take in the region's remoteness while wild camping. Minimum age 12 years.
- Price from £999pp includes flights, transport, 7 nights B&B accommodation (3 nights hotel, 2 nights wild camp & 2 nights riverside bungalow), most meals (6 lunches & 7 dinners) and an experienced local group leader.
- Departures 13 & 20 August
To find out more about The Adventure Company's family holidays call 0845 287 1198
or visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk/family