Sunday, 14 August 2011
National Geographic Traveller (UK) latest issue is available, now
The fifth issue of the 180-page National Geographic Traveller (UK) Sept/Oct 2011 issue, is available on the newsstands, once again it's jam-packed full of real life traveller tales and destination inspiration for you to read — and get up and go.
Cover Story: Spirit of Adventure — The best of adventure travel! Climb Mount Everest, dive in the Cayman Islands, take an Amazon cruise and indulge in Swedish wintersports as well as a whole lot more in their cover story.
Destinations — far & away: Forget Notting Hill Carnival — head to Trinidad for the ‘real thing’. Take a safari trip to Botswana and see its wildlife up close and personal. And discover the beauty of New England in the ‘Fall’.
Destinations — closer to home: From eco-lodges and cuisine to the warmth of its welcoming people, Jordan never fails to amaze. See Croatia by day and night in our spectacular photo-feature. And track down 10 of the world’s greatest train journeys.
Cities: The faded grandeur of Venice and the efforts to maintain it for generations to come; Stockholm’s green credentials make it one of Europe’s most attractive city breaks…
Smart Traveller: Live like a local in Beijing, explore the exciting cuisine of Brazil and discover our top choices for London hotels.
Interview: An insight into Moby’s many talents as he combines photography and music in his latest project.
Travel Talk: Ask the experts about your travel dilemmas; what you can do to avoid data roaming fees, the best stopover options going Down Under and the lowdown on data roaming fees.
Real Life: The growing trend of agrotourism explored and volunteer tourism at an orphanage in Thailand leads readers to find out about the launch of our own Young Travel Writers Competition (see below).
NEW for this issue
• A new 26-page digital sample of the Sept/Oct 11 issue: www.natgeotraveller.co.uk/sep11
• Competitions: National Geographic Traveller is launching THREE new competitions in this issue: a Young Travel Writers’ competition, the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Peru for two and to also find out about our Travel Photography Competition 2012. www.natgeotraveller.co.uk/competitions
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVELLER (UK) EDITION
• Subscription gift: GBP 9.99 for six issues – and a free gift (a rucksack/across the body bag) while stocks last. Don’t miss out.
Promo code: NGTAUG11. www.natgeotraveller.co.uk/subscribe
• Competitions, subscriptions, blogs, features and more. www.natgeotraveller.co.uk
• Distribution for Sept/Oct: Marks & Spencer – 100 London stores; Waitrose recommended read in over 130 stores; Sainsbury’s promotion in over 300 stores. Plus all the usual newsstand distribution (including WH Smiths and independents).
• If you can’t find the magazine – let the team know today!
National Geographic Traveller (UK) is published six times a year, with a cover price of £3.85, via subscription and on newsstands. Visit www.natgeotraveller.co.uk for more information.
Find them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NatGeoTraveller
And Twitter: http://twitter.com/NatGeoTraveller