Does the ferry sail straight to Disneyland Paris? How much does the free shuttle bus cost? Apparently, asking a holiday howler is becoming an increasingly common affair amongst Brits arranging their holidays, as the excitement about escaping abroad truly sets in.
According to the UK’s leading European escorted tour operator Leger Holidays,
the closer you get to your getaway the more likely you are to trip
yourself up with a question you later laugh about. The company also
believes that ‘booking brain’ may also lead to lost luggage, a packing
faux pas and relationship hiccups in the build up to your break.
Speaking about the holiday howler trend, Leger Holidays’ Marketing Director Huw Williams said:
“It’s only natural that our minds start to wonder as the prospect of a
holiday draws closer. Having spent all year battling the daily grind, we
need to be able to drop the pace for our holidays and this is when even
the most focussed of minds will begin to wander off to an exotic beach
or cosmopolitan cityscape.
“A few minor mishaps and a holiday howler can be expected on every break
and for some they make the most interesting memories, providing a bit
of light-hearted relief and humour to share. However, to stop things
turning sour, the trick is to start your preparation early so that you
can truly enjoy the build-up without any major complications. Or, for
an even easier experience, hand all the organising over to an escorted
tour provider like Leger and let someone else take care of all the
details for you.”
According to research, here are a few of the travel industry’s top booking bloopers. Recognise any?
· In relation to self-drive holiday - Booking agent: “What car are you taking?” – Holidaymaker: “John's”
· Holidaymaker: “How much does the free shuttle bus cost?”
· Holidaymaker: “Can you explain what self-drive means?”
· In relation to a journey back from the continent –
Holidaymaker: “When you say we would gain an hour on the way back, is
that because the wind is behind us on the ferry?”
· Holidaymaker: “Does the ferry sail straight to Disneyland Paris?”
· Holidaymaker: “Is Dover in the UK?”
· Holidaymaker: “At Disneyland Paris, can I have a room with a sea view?”
· Holidaymaker: “What language do they speak in France?”
· Booking Agent: “How is your party made up?” – Holidaymaker: “They're ecstatic!”
· Holidaymaker: “Are the Disney hotels ok for kids?”
· Holidaymaker: “I need to change my mum's name to what’s on her passport. Her date of birth is still the same though.”
For further information about Leger Holidays visit www.legerbreaks.info or call 0844 504 6250.